The launch of Strictly Come Dancing 2025 is now just weeks - but there's bad news for two of the show's brightest stars.
Pro dancers Luba Mushtuk and Nancy Xu are reportedly gutted to have been told they won't be getting celebrity partners this year, meaning they are out of competing in the main show.
The BBC dance show kicks off next month with the likes of Emmerdale's Lewis Cope and model Ellie Goldstein taking part.
There will be 15 stars competing in a couple with one of the experienced professionals. Sadly, it has now been revealed that favourites Luba, 35, and Nancy, 34, will not be training up and performing with the famous faces this year.
A source said : "Luba and Nancy were gutted not to be in a celebrity pairing and competing on the show this year.
READ MORE: Shirley Ballas stalker accused her of horrific family murder and demanded DNA test
READ MORE: Shirley Ballas vows 'my toyboy days are OVER' as she reveals vast spending on ex
"They are, understandably, disappointed, but realise that not everyone is able to get a celebrity partner every year.
"Of course, the professional dancers are all expert athletes and want the best chance possible to win, it's in their nature, but they're grateful for the gig,' the insider told The Sun On Sunday.
The Mirror has contacted the BBC for comment.
Last year Nancy was partnered with former X Factor winner Shayne Ward, while Luba was with DIY SOS star Nick Knowles.
Earlier this week it was reported that long-serving dancer Gorka Marquez is actually 'relieved' not to have a leading role in this year's show.
Gorka declined the opportunity to be centre stage with a celebrity partner in favour of spending weeks as a judge on the Spanish version of Strictly, Bailando Con Las Estrellas.
A source told The Sun: "Gorka loves Strictly and is so proud to be one of the longest-serving pros, but has said he'll be relieved not to be there during another fraught series while the show and its cast are accused of toxic behaviour.
"He's very excited to have been part of the group dances, which were pre-recorded, and loves everyone on the show. But this is the third series where they face questions about bullying, chaperones and everything else."

A spokesperson for Gorka responded: "Gorka does not feel this way at all; he is delighted to still be a part of Strictly alongside his Spanish filming schedule."
It comes after The Mirror revealed celebrities taking part onStrictly are joking how their fees to take part amounts to “danger money” given the show’s reputation. It comes as the BBC programme has been beset by controversy in recent years.
One agent of a star on the show said: “Everyone is a little more mindful about the fact that things can blow up…and one misstep is all it takes. Last year Wynne Evans came under immense pressure, while the previous year Amanda Abbingdon said she had a torrid time…the phrase danger money has been bandied about.”
Strictly has been hit by a string of storms recently. Last year, dancer Giovanni Pernice quit after being accused of bullying and harassing 2023 partner Abbington. Some complaints against him were upheld but he was cleared of the most serious ones in a probe.
In the same series, the BBC pro Graziano Di Prima was removed over claims of misconduct towards partner Zara McDermott during training. And this year, Welsh opera singer Evans left the dance tour after being accused of making inappropriate remarks.
The current series of Strictly got off to a rocky start with Game of Thrones actor Kristian Nairn quitting the show after just one week into rehearsals. He was swiftly replaced by Emmerdale actor Lewis Cope, who is now hot favourite to win.
You may also like
UK tax fraud crackdown: Indian-origin Arif Patel ordered to pay 90 million pounds; fake clothing mastermind exposed
Canada's first Indian-origin police chief retires: Victoria declares 'Del Manak Day'; 35 years of service remembered
Dish TV penalised by BSE, NSE again over board composition issues
Two men stabbed at major train station in 'linked' attacks as CCTV released
Crocodile Injures Two Villagers While Escaping Rescue In MP's Neemuch; Video Goes Viral